[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic Backend Editing

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Sun Sep 10 20:22:55 CEST 2006

Hi Olly,

really cool! :-) I like it very much.

I definitely think that this kind of handling 1..n or n..n relationships
needs to be part of the core. I would like to encourage you to get in
contact with the HCI team (as it can be considered a usability issue)
and to broaden your approach in a way that it can make it to the core.

Just one more thing that I think could/should be relevant regarding this
initiative: If we are aiming towards some kind of great handling of
complex data structures, I would very much like to see a feature to
store additional attributes on the _relationship_ table, which is not
possible today.

Example: tx_party_parties which stores all the parties,
tx_party_addresses which stores all the addresses. If we assume the
relationship between parties and addresses to be 0..n (i.e. addresses
can be "re-used"), these relationships would be stored on a table like
tx_party_parties_addresses_mm. On this table, I would like to be able to
store attributes like the address usage or which address is the standard
address for the partner.

It would be very nice if your approach would also include the handling
of this kind of problem.

CU! Dave.