[TYPO3-dev] Syntax Highlighting for TYPO3 PHP sources in Kate?

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 11:56:39 CEST 2006

Regards all!

I have started commenting my code the TYPO3 approved way and am struggling
with the syntax highlighting as it is always screwed up in my Kate editor.

I am talking about php extension files not TypoScript for which I already
used the excellent .xml file found elsewhere on this list.

For example:

        /**
        * Returns a formatted HTML message
        * @param        string  $message
        * @return       string  $content
        */

In this code, my 'string' following the @param is bold pale blue and my
'string' following the @return is not bold and dark blue. Very different.

Clearly my php.xml file is not geared up to deal with JavaDoc & PHP.

If I use the javaDoc syntax it messes up my PHP and vice versa.

Any tips for syntax highlighting that you generally use?

Thanks.
Matthew