[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic Backend Editing

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Sep 8 19:20:19 CEST 2006

Hi guys,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I had some time to work on "Dynamic Backend Editing". It's all about
>> integrating different tables in one TYPO3 Backend view and being able to
>> add new instances of that foreign table. The concept comes close to the
>> "database relation" but it's a bit different.
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> This is something my extension "kb_tca_section" is already doing since April :)

I think both of your approaches seem very promising, I like the AJAX
part of Oliver's version a lot, and I also like the way Bernhard's
kb_tca_secion can be configured.

I would really like to see that feature end up in TYPO3 4.1.

@Oliver: A recent discussion in the core list about AJAX libraries
indicated that the library of choice for 4.1 will be prototype with the
optional addition of scriptaculous, but no external PHP based library
for AJAX stuff. That'd of course only be relevant for you if your
extension would enter the core one day.

cheers
Ingmar