[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic Backend Editing

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Sep 8 15:55:04 CEST 2006

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> I had some time to work on "Dynamic Backend Editing". It's all about
>> integrating different tables in one TYPO3 Backend view and being able to
>> add new instances of that foreign table. The concept comes close to the
>> "database relation" but it's a bit different.

[...]
> I prefer to call this "Sections" as it is called the same way when you have repeatable parts in
> Flexforms (This concept is already known in TYPO3 called "repeateable content element" - but currently
> only possible with Flexforms :
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_ftb1/current/view/1/4/#id2854232
> )

Okay, mine is not possible with flexforms, but with the regular TCEforms
on using $TCA.

> I guess it happend again that two people did the exactly same thing :)

Maybe I'd like to go out, run around and scream loudly. But I don't do
that, because it's goofy. ;)
I searched the TYPO3.org page and Google before starting with my
extension and found nothing suitable - of course I looked for something
with the word "dynamic". Perhaps we should build up a thesaurus, a
dictionary or whatever to make sure, that we talk about the same in
future. An option could also be to insert some explaining keywords to
the TER description.

> BTW: This extension is one core-feature of the kb_shop extension - you don't have to write the sub-TCA
> for a section yourself (or "reference" an existing table) but rather can "click-together" the fields in
> such a sub-section.

So if I got it right, the "dynamic fields" or "repeatable content
element" are created in your extension by clicking the save-button. So
if you want to create 10 new elements, you have to save 10 times, don't
you? So you don't use ajax or technics like that?

So summarize, kb_tca_section brings dynamic to flexforms using TCA
tables, dynaflex brings dynamic to flexforms and dynbeedit brings
dynamic to regular TCEforms using TCE tables and xajax.
So is there a way to put these three things together in a "strategy"?

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/