[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic Backend Editing

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Sep 8 14:45:06 CEST 2006

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I had some time to work on "Dynamic Backend Editing". It's all about
> integrating different tables in one TYPO3 Backend view and being able to
> add new instances of that foreign table. The concept comes close to the
> "database relation" but it's a bit different.

Hi Oliver,

This is something my extension "kb_tca_section" is already doing since April :)

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/kb_tca_section/0.0.1/view/1/1/

Have a look at the screenshot.

I prefer to call this "Sections" as it is called the same way when you have repeatable parts in
Flexforms (This concept is already known in TYPO3 called "repeateable content element" - but currently
only possible with Flexforms :
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_ftb1/current/view/1/4/#id2854232
)

I guess it happend again that two people did the exactly same thing :)

BTW: This extension is one core-feature of the kb_shop extension - you don't have to write the sub-TCA
for a section yourself (or "reference" an existing table) but rather can "click-together" the fields in
such a sub-section.

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919