[TYPO3-dev] Starting module - get rid of separate BE and FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Sep 7 20:24:58 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker kirjoitti:
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker kirjoitti:

>>> Not yet, but there is a patch being developed.
>>
>> Any idea how to create XCLASS to fix this issue
>> for 3.8.1 and 4.0.1
>
> Probably easy for 4.0. The patch will work for 4.0 as very little has
> been done for 4.1 in SVN. Probably nothing has changed much from 3.8 to
> 4.0 in this section, anyway.
>
> Masi

Quick solution

XCLASS for alt_main.php class.ux_alt_main.php

	function main()	{

     // Creates frameset
         if(!empty($BE_USER->uc['startPage']))
             $fr_content_content =$BE_USER->uc['startPage'];
         else
             $fr_content_content
=($BE_USER->uc['startInTaskCenter']&&t3lib_extMgm::isLoaded('taskcenter')?t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath('taskcenter').'task/index.php':'alt_intro.php');

makes later possible to create User > Setup

but now admin has easy possibility to set every user
desired starting page.
The idea is not to start from certain module but
just offer combined FE and BE.
user starts as if from advanced FE editing even
if he/she is actually in BE.