[TYPO3-dev] (x)Ajax Problems

Mon Sep 4 01:49:52 CEST 2006

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i made an extension use of xAjax if available. On my local mchine it works
> perfect in IE.
> Then I tried it online - bang. I got XML-Errors and the output seems that
> the XML has the whole page-Source included :/
> You might have a look online: http://www.sk-typo3.de/index.php?id=185
> In IE for me it works, FF throws error. But be careful, jeff tried Safari
> and it crashed his computer.
>
> Any advices for me ?
>
> vg  Steffen

Hi Steffen,

it may have something to do with caching or with errors. In both cases
there doesn't come the expected XML code as reply but the whole cached
page or some error output.

Apart from the most easy method shown in the xajax_tutor there are at
least 3 alternatives to use xaJax wich make more work but fewer errors.

1.) completly external script to pump XML (no T3 assistance)
2.) with the eiD technic (few T3 assistance)
3.) with an own page type for the pump (happy medium)

Ernsto wrote to this:

If you are using eID you don't have to worry about TYPO3 caching at all.

If you use the approach of handling your ajax responder in a PAGE object
with a different typeNum (say 91), you can just disable caching in this
page object altogether. Something like that:

ajax = PAGE
ajax.typeNum = 91
ajax.no_cache = 1
ajax.10 < plugin.tx_yourplugin_pi
ajax.10.isAjax = 1

I hope someone will add this 2 alternatives as examples to the tutor.

Regards

Elmar