[TYPO3-dev] Fail-safe mechanism for database connectivityproblem

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:58:21 CEST 2006

> In what way do you need advice?

Masi, don't you think that it's not professional that user who visits Typo3
powered website gets 'Database problem'? We are all using free tools, so
this things happen, believe it or not.

I thought we are here to make Typo3 the best CMS available. That is all I
'need'.

There are several extensions for exporting to static HTML pages. Obviously I
am not the only one who needs fail-safe mechanism. See for yourself:
http://typo3.org/fileadmin/t3n/articles/t3n_static_publish_english.pdf
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/dr_publisher/0.0.1/
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/real_publish/0.0.1/
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/itxg_staticexport/0.0.1/

The idea is to make this thing part of Typo3 core. Since there is
[FE][pageCacheToExternalFiles] system in place, there's gotta be a way of
incorporating fail-safe, also.

All problematic issues can be masked/solved somehow during the 'fail' time.
I don't expect that really dynamic parts (search, restricted areas) of site
function perfectly - 'fail' is just temporary situation until webmaster
solves database connectivity issue.