[TYPO3-dev] tt_address 2.0.0 underway, please test

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Nov 28 10:43:40 CET 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Ingo Renner wrote: on 28.11.2006 08:05:
>

>>in early October I took over the development of tt_address.
>>At the end of October I committed the split name field to SVN so that
>>there're fields for first and last name, now.
>

> Cool stuff. I just tested it, and I didn't want the "fullname" field
> from start. Somehow the "disableCombinedNameField" setting doesn't seem
> to be storable. I check it in the Ext. Manager, click Update, but then
> when I go to the Ext.Manager again, it is gone. Does it work for you?
>
> This way, I add up with the "Name:" field in my form.
>
> About the "Name" field, I would argue that it is not only used for
> storing the fullname when there hasn't been two separate fields for it
> before. One might need to manage a list of "organization" addresses (not
> persons), where the generic "Name" field is used to store the name of
> the organization, and first/lastname fields for the contact person on site.

I sometimes use more than one "full name" field depending on purpose:
disaplay field (eg "Martin Kutschker"), sort field (eg "Kutschker, Martin").

For Amercians I suggest a middle_name. I still miss sex/gender/salutation
(after a glance at ext_tables.sql).

For German newsletters I usually have to add either sex or salutaion. And
as we Austrians are so keen on (academic) titles (eg "Dr."), I add them as
well. Are American degrees used in postal addresses (eg "Frank Miller MSc.")?

Apropos fields: street and number are also on my
things-I-have-to-add-everytime-list :-)

Masi