[TYPO3-dev] tt_address 2.0.0 underway, please test

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 28 10:19:07 CET 2006

Ingo Renner wrote: on 28.11.2006 08:05:

> in early October I took over the development of tt_address.
> At the end of October I committed the split name field to SVN so that
> there're fields for first and last name, now.

Cool stuff. I just tested it, and I didn't want the "fullname" field
from start. Somehow the "disableCombinedNameField" setting doesn't seem
to be storable. I check it in the Ext. Manager, click Update, but then
when I go to the Ext.Manager again, it is gone. Does it work for you?

This way, I add up with the "Name:" field in my form.

About the "Name" field, I would argue that it is not only used for
storing the fullname when there hasn't been two separate fields for it
before. One might need to manage a list of "organization" addresses (not
persons), where the generic "Name" field is used to store the name of
the organization, and first/lastname fields for the contact person on site.

> Today I also merged EXT:addressgroups into tt_address which basicly
> makes it possible to
>
>   * assign people to groups and
>   * easily select addresses with a plugin

The "Address Selection" plugin could work out of the box, if you did the
following modifications:

In static/pi1/setup.txt:

includeLibs.tx_address_pi1 = EXT:tt_address/pi1/class.tx_ttaddress_pi1.php
tt_content.list.20.tt_address_pi1 = < plugin.tt_address_pi1

plugin.tt_address_pi1 {
  templatePath = EXT:tt_address/res/
  defaultTemplateFileName = example.htm
}

And another thing that first made me wonder why nothing is being
displayed: The category selection isn't applied recursively. So if I
have a category tree like:

Cat 1
 |-- Cat 1.1
 |-- Cat 1.2

And I choose to diplay everyhting in "Cat 1" I would expect that to
include all records assigned to Cat 1.1 and 1.2 too, but currently I
have to select them individually.

Cheers,
Ernesto