[TYPO3-dev] Core Behaviour: Using Cache-Control Headers to prevent _Clients_ from Caching

Ekkehard Gümbel guembel.remove-this at naw.de
Mon Nov 20 23:16:51 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Funny thing is, that in class.t3lib_userauth.php an undocumented (?)
>> additional option called "sendNoCacheHeaders" seems to take care of
>> this issue.
>
> In userauth?!?
Oops, I was wrong - it is just an internal config variable there.

>> Extending this concept to class.tslib_fe.php is solving my problem -
>> see code below.
[...]
>> Does this make any sense to someone?

> Yes. I agree that both options are valid. I suggest to go the usual
> TYPO3 way. Make config.sendNoCacheHeaders a pseudo boolean. So 1 means
> what it means today: prevent shared caching (proxy) and 2 means what you
> want: prevent private caching (client).
I guess you mean the "sendCacheHeaders" (without the "No") option? True, better then having another TS option.
Although it may be a bit confusing - we need to keep in mind that most people basically use this option to
_en_able caching.
Anyway, a value of "2" would probably have to mean "prevent all caching".
BTW, I also thought of making all the single HTTP header options settable (bit-wise), but I do not think it is
worth the trouble.

Further opinions?

Thanks
/Ekki