[TYPO3-dev] strange behavior with turkish locale-settings

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Nov 20 14:39:20 CET 2006

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1163943702.13157.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb
>> im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1163930867.18908.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> Hm, I recall that Trukisj users reported problems with markers that
>>> contain the letter i as a case conversion will not result in an I (no
>>> dot) but an I with a dot on top.
>>>
>>> So if the PHP code uses internally an I use it in the template (or use
>>> the i without the dot).
>>>
>>> OTOH, if the code uses internally an i use it (or use the I with the
>>> dot).
>>>
>>> Maybe this will help you.
>>>
>>> Masi
>>>
>> Hi Masi,
>>
>> thx a lot - i thing this is the problem, cause there is an I in
>> Markername. I will talk to Mario how to prevent this
>
> Not so easy to solve. Or rather easy to solve if you know the problem, but
> besides Turkish only one other language has this problem. So I fear only a
> few developers will remember not use use strtoupper on marker names with a
> Turkish locale setting.
>
> AFAIR some of the TYPO3 marker/template APIs have an option to uppercase
> the marker names. Maybe it's sufficient if strtoupper is replaces by a
> strtr in these functions.
>
> Masi

thx Masi, i will investigate
Can you tell me which other language causes troubles ?

I looked to the Markers and this are the names:
###IMG_PATH###
###DISPLAY_DATE###
###MONTH_TITLE###
###L_THIS_MONTHS###
these markers are leaved unreplaced.

As you can see, all Names are with uppercase I , so no php-conversion is
used.
There are some more markers using the I and they are replaced, that i don't
understand.

In code there i found this:
 preg_match_all('!\###MONTH_([A-Z]*)\|?([+|-])([0-9]{1,2})\###!is', $page,
$match);

and no conversion like strtoupper. If i understood you right, the problem
will occure on using lowercase i and strtoupper - or are there more pitfalls
?

vg  Steffen