[TYPO3-dev] strange behavior with turkish locale-settings

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Nov 19 14:41:42 CET 2006

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1163930867.18908.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hm, I recall that Trukisj users reported problems with markers that
>> contain the letter i as a case conversion will not result in an I (no dot)
>> but an I with a dot on top.
>>
>> So if the PHP code uses internally an I use it in the template (or use the
>> i without the dot).
>>
>> OTOH, if the code uses internally an i use it (or use the I with the dot).
>>
>> Maybe this will help you.
>>
>> Masi
>>
> Hi Masi,
>
> thx a lot - i thing this is the problem, cause there is an I in Markername.
> I will talk to Mario how to prevent this

Not so easy to solve. Or rather easy to solve if you know the problem,
but besides Turkish only one other language has this problem. So I fear
only a few developers will remember not use use strtoupper on marker
names with a Turkish locale setting.

AFAIR some of the TYPO3 marker/template APIs have an option to uppercase
the marker names. Maybe it's sufficient if strtoupper is replaces by a
strtr in these functions.

Masi