[TYPO3-dev] EXT-DEV - Translation of Selectbox Items in BE.

Steffen Kamper steffen at dislabs.de
Mon Nov 20 12:23:52 CET 2006

"Felix Griesser" <feelx at shinternet.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.38597.1164017457.30218.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> the point is not to change it to the language of the BE-user but to the
>>> language of the record.
>>> If you translate a record to english you want have to displayed only the
>>> english categories for the db relation.
>>>
>>> I only use
>>> AND sys_language_uid=###REC_FIELD_sys_language_uid### ORDER BY ...
>>> and it works as it should
>>>
> Thank you Steffen. So it's not possible to change it to the language of
> the BE-user? If not I can live with it - I just wonder if there is a way
> to make this dependency..? :)

not as i know - you can limit it to the language of be_user if the user is
limited to one language.
Have a look to TCA ctrl-section and the field "languageField"
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/2/

>> but anyway you are right - the problem is when creating new records, they
>> don't have a sys_language_id, so the query fails ...  need this help too.
>> forgot to mention: this is described in bug #4405 too.
>
> The interesting thing is - I have to selector boxes. One works fine with
> the "and sys_language_uid=###REC_FIELD_sys_language_uid###" where-clause
> enhancement but the second one causes this mysql_assoc() error in
> */t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php* on line *801. *So I don't think it has only to
> do with creating new records - because it only happens with one of the two
> tables. The table configuration in ext_tables.sql is the same with one
> little difference - This one which works has the "hidden" field, the other
> one not... But I don't really think this is causing this behaviour. In
> addition this selectbox which is *causing* the error has a mm_relation to
> the "main-table" - so I cheched the box "true mm relation" of the
> corresponding field. Maybe this causes the mysql_assoc()error ?
> However - this time I can fix it with " AND sys_language_uid=0"
> *
if you enable sql-debug in installtool you see the query that misses. You
will see that the reason is, that language_sys_uid is not set, check it out.
I try to fix that issue - i wonder about that most of existing extensions
doesn't use the language-settings right, the tt_news uncommented it and made
this in the userfunc - maybe this is not possible with core to make it
consequent ?
Would be nice if some of core-developers can leave a comment on that.

vg  Steffen