[TYPO3-dev] EXT-DEV - Translation of Selectbox Items in BE.

Felix Griesser feelx at shinternet.ch
Mon Nov 20 11:10:53 CET 2006

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> the point is not to change it to the language of the BE-user but to the
>> language of the record.
>> If you translate a record to english you want have to displayed only the
>> english categories for the db relation.
>>
>> I only use
>> AND sys_language_uid=###REC_FIELD_sys_language_uid### ORDER BY ...
>> and it works as it should

Thank you Steffen. So it's not possible to change it to the language of
the BE-user? If not I can live with it - I just wonder if there is a way
to make this dependency..? :)

> but anyway you are right - the problem is when creating new records, they
> don't have a sys_language_id, so the query fails ...  need this help too.
> forgot to mention: this is described in bug #4405 too.

The interesting thing is - I have to selector boxes. One works fine with
the "and sys_language_uid=###REC_FIELD_sys_language_uid###" where-clause
enhancement but the second one causes this mysql_assoc() error in
*/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php* on line *801. *So I don't think it has only
to do with creating new records - because it only happens with one of
the two tables. The table configuration in ext_tables.sql is the same
with one little difference - This one which works has the "hidden"
field, the other one not... But I don't really think this is causing
this behaviour. In addition this selectbox which is *causing* the error
has a mm_relation to the "main-table" - so I cheched the box "true mm
relation" of the corresponding field. Maybe this causes the
mysql_assoc()error ?
However - this time I can fix it with " AND sys_language_uid=0"
*
Thank you
greetings
felix