[TYPO3-dev] Feedback Request: Inline-Relational-Record-Editing

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Nov 14 08:08:22 CET 2006

Hi Dave,

David Bruehlmeier wrote:
> Hi Olly,
>
> finally, I had time to test IRRE! :-) I installed the modified TYPO3
> version and the test-suite. Unfortunately, when clicking on the "NEW"
> button e.g. to add a new employee to a company, I only get the
> JavaScript error "inline is not defined" (both in Firefox and IE).

The error you mentioned could occur if the required javascript files are
not completely loaded. "inline" in the browser view is a JavaScript
class that handles the AJAX requests, sorting and all other dynamic actions.
The file t3lib/jsfunc.inlinerelational.js holds the code for this. So,
could you please have a look, if this file is present in your copy and
whether it is loaded in the alt_doc.php frame by your browser? Thanks!

> On a more general level I would like to state that the "inline
> relational records editing" functionality is _very_ useful for all kinds
> of problems where complex data structures are used. I fully support this
> initiative and I am very much in favor of adding this to the TYPO3 core.
>
> I would like to help testing, so please notify me as soon as I can get a
> working copy where the error mentioned above has been resolved.

Great! Thanks for your helping offer!

Last weekend we had a fruitful "IRRE-Review" in Hof with Ingmar and
Sebastian. There are some bugs I have to fix, but I think, I can handle
this until 15th/16th November.

olly
--
Oliver Hader