[TYPO3-dev] Index of table sys_refindex

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Mon Nov 6 09:59:28 CET 2006

 *hiya!*

 On Sat, 04 Nov 2006, Martin Kutschker wrote the following:
> Heh? We don't store data in latin1 on UTF8 sites. The point in
> multiplyDbSize was that Mysql's column length was measured in bytes, so
> only half or third of the amount of ASCII letters could be stored for
> say Greek or Chinese.

 So you say that TYPO3 communicates with a new MySQL (> 4.1, 5) in
 a correct way directly in UTF-8?

 Wouldn't it be at least necessary to set
----
mysql_query('SET NAMES utf8',$this->link);
mysql_query('SET CHARACTER SET utf8',$this->link);
----
 in t3lib_db to make this work?

 I know that we don't store UTF-8 data in latin1, but we simply don't
 tell MySQL that it's UTF-8 (IMHO).

 bye
 Wolfgang