[TYPO3-dev] Showing a little tree like tt_news does when adding records in the BE

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed May 10 17:46:23 CEST 2006

Hey All,

tt_news has this nice feature to show a little tree when adding
acategory and thus shows subcategories.
I have seen the tca for it, and it points to this class
:tx_ttnews_tceFunc_selectTreeView

Looking at this file it's a 560line file with a lot of 'magic' in
there.I am sure it has a good reason but 560lines of
code that shows a little tree sounds a bit to much, so I am sure there
is a LOT of tt_news specific items in there.

So my questions is:
- Does Typo3 have an API for this and do most of the magic?
- If not, does anybody know a better simpeler extension that I can use
as an example instead of digging through 560lines of code?

Ries