[TYPO3-dev] TER troubles again

Thu Jun 29 20:27:33 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> I guess this is in part the failure of the community which seems to be
> less willing to actually help than in other software projects, but also
> (my guess) in part the fault of the TYPO3 leadership that is busy with
> planning and building crazy amounts of teams most of which never get the
> job done. If you read Kasper's article in the current t3n mag, you'll
> see my point. Robert proposed a team structure for typo3.org some time
> ago, with virtually no response. On the other hand, applications for
> teams are not processed because there are no responsibilities for that.

Hi Michael,

I can understand your frustration. It is typical for many of us that try to
contribute and often feel like running against walls. However I come to
different conclusions.

The core team is simply crowded out. Nearly 10 people have so much to do
with own interaction that they have fewer attention for people and input
from outside. There is no capacity to integrate more people.

But roughly 10 people are not enough for the many tasks of the TYPO3
project. Teambuilding is the only way to scale the community. Kasper is
right in this.

But a voluntary team does only work, if it has authorty and responsibility.
The results must matter. This means that the core people of the community
need to learn how to delegate responsibilty. typo3.org is an exellent
example off missing delegation of responsibility.

Teambuilding and delegation are bigger changes within the TYPO3 community
culture. A bigger change simply needs some time. I have the impression that
the necessary important steps  will be done within the next time.

Regards

Elmar