[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and Oracle

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Jun 28 14:50:23 CEST 2006

Hi!

R. van Twisk wrote:
>> Since we do not insert NULLs
>> explicitely, we are safe.
>>
> I think this is not true, PHP is perfectly capably of inserting a NULL
> into any database.

I wrote "we do not insert NULLs". No one told that PHP cannot insert
nulls. You are talking about different thing.

> If we do then then we also go back to the mysql 3.x age where a database
> was considered
> a flat file system and all checking must be done in the application later.

I prefer to check data in the code. There is no point sending erroneous
data to database just to get error back. It takes extra resources.

> Dropping the NOT NULL during importing of tables into the RDBM is a bad
> thing,
> why was this not discussed on typo3-dev? Or should I subscribe to a other
> mailing list?

Partially discussed in typo3.teams.core.

Dmitry.