[TYPO3-dev] Enable option for CSS Styled Contents

Kasper ligaard Nielsen ligaard at daimi.au.dk
Wed Jun 28 13:29:45 CEST 2006

Christopher skrev:
> Floats are supported by *every* remotely modern browser, and where
> there are bugs (IE for Windows), they are almost always trivial to
> fix.

When there wasn't a trivial fix, how long time did you then spend
realising there wasn't one?

The sites you have made: Did companies pay you on an hourly basis or an
agreed price?

Does anybody know of any 'Total Cost of Ownership' studies for
table-based, CSS-based and 'mixed' solution?

As you might have guessed, I have had the same experiences as Tapio.
With tables, I get the job done. The time I save can instead be used to
make an accessible template and stuffing that with the same content for
people with disabilities, if need be. I do hope CSS-nirvana will one day
arrive, but I do not see it just yet, and until then I am with Tapio on
this one.

Just my 2c.

regards Kasper