[TYPO3-dev] BLOBs considered harmful

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jun 28 10:04:32 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> This is Oracle's problem (incompatibility with SQL standard).

Haha! Sorry Dmitry, there is no DB that implements the complete standard.
And especially Mysql wasn't compatible at all only (more or less) recent
versions are better.

> Why cannot you use mysql? Customer's wish for Oracle? Try to convince
> them for mysql.

The customer is king. I'm trying to sell them TYPO3 not Mysql. So I'm going
to make TYPO3 run ony "any" system he wants.

And there is a reason to stick to the tools you are used to and have the
knowledge and resources.

Masi