[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and Oracle

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Jun 27 19:43:39 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I've put together my experiences with Oracle 10g Express Edition on this
> page http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Oracle
>
> So far I have only been able to set up a basic TYPO3 installation. I
> have not configured a real design yet, let alone installed any extension.

Playing a bit with it I came onto a real blocker.

"SELECT * FROM table" doesn't work on tables that have a BLOB column. As
CBLOBs work a script could be written that changes all BLOBs into CBLOBs.
Probably it is easier - and safer when installing new extensions - to hack
ADOdb or DBAL to uses CBLOBs in the first place.

Masi