[TYPO3-dev] Speeded up TYPO3 by 500% :)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jun 26 10:06:45 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> The whole USER_INT stuff just kills performance because at least some
> PHP is required, this is the cost of dynamic websites. TYPO3 has already
> a fine grained caching system, even on the content-element level, but
> dynamic stuff has a price.

It depends... My server may serve approximately 1500 rq/s static files,
300rq/s PHP files with the same content taken directly from db (db is
not idle at the time of testing - server serves typo3 pages in parallel)
and max 20rq/s typo3 pages with the same content. So PHP itself is not
real bottleneck (especially together with eaccelerator). I think it
rather unoptimal usage of database in typo3: there are too many queries
at each execution. Probably, some of the results can be reused in other
places.

> That's actually where I see the real advantages of Bernhard's work:
> Disassemble the whole TYPO3 flow and only branch to expensive operations
> when necessary, like the whole fe user stack, or TS parsing.

Dmitry.