[TYPO3-dev] Defining TS setup config. via ext script

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:05:20 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 6/25/06, Simon Tuck <e-mailNO at spameyejet.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I would like to write a small extension to define certain ts setup config settings which we have found to be pretty standard across many of our
> installations. In particular I am looking at doctype stuff and language settings, which could easily be read out of the current static info and
> sys_language settings. This appears to be impossible though: I cannot successfully manipulate tsfe->config in the FE rendering process. So my
> question is: is there a way to do this (and I'm just missing it) or should I propose a hook for the fe class?

If you're just talking about writing an extension that loads the TS
and TSconfig values that you usually use, yes it's possible.  A while
back I wrote a fairly crude extension that does just this and posted
it to the wiki [1]. All file names and contents needed to set up the
extension are given, so you just need to create the files and
directories in typo3conf/ext/yourextensionname and install it using
the extension manager. After that, you can save the extension from the
EM as a .t3x file and use it on other sites.

-Christopher

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extension_Development%2C_add_Page_TSconfig%2C_User_TSconfig_and_TS