[TYPO3-dev] Alternative icons

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jun 21 06:44:17 CEST 2006

JoH wrote:

>>>The double arrow doesn't mean anything to me. Do you have any idea
>>>for a better symbol?
>>
>>exlamanation mark?
>

> The double arrow marks the state "include subpages" and is meant as
> something like the "cue/rewind" symbols for media players.
> So I don't think an exclamation mark will do the job, since it doesn't mean
> anything near to "and follow ups"
> Just make the arrows a bit smaller and it should be no problem anymore.
>
> Joey

But " doesn't mean anything to me" is serious problem. I believe they
don't mean for many people anything - you have at least two examples in
this news groups and you can certainly find much more. People just ask
in their mind what they mean in this connection.

Sybols should express both  "include subpages" and "protected". Double
arrow means just "include subpages" but let totally open *what* issue
concerns subpages.