[TYPO3-dev] Custom TCA formeval

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Jun 16 00:02:45 CEST 2006

Ingmar,
Thanks for the pointer.  I actually had an earlier version of this
extension that I had been working from and I pulled the Core API
document out of CVS.  I'm still not quite clear on whether what I'm
trying to do is possible though :)

I see how to perform an JS evaluation in returnFieldJS to change "value"
but is there a way to keep "value" intact and just trigger an error,
much like when a required field is missing?

On the PHP side of it, I know I can do $set=0 to keep $value from being
saved into the database, but this doesn't seem to trigger an error on
the backend form either.

It may not be possible, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it is :)

Thanks for your help!
Jeff

Functions from example extension:

function returnFieldJS() {
   return '
            return value + " [added by JS]";
          ';
}

function evaluateFieldValue($value, $is_in, &$set) {
   return $value.' [added by PHP]';
}