[TYPO3-dev] Custom TCA formeval

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jun 15 22:18:55 CEST 2006

I recently came across a great new feature in 4.0...the ability to
define custom evaluation functions for backend forms in both Javascript
and PHP.  There are some details on the bugtracker at
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1639.

I can see how to change user submitted values using these functions but
I'm not clear on whether its possible to generate a form validation
errors with it.  I'd like to be able to check input with my custom
evaluation, then display the yellow exclamation mark if I detect a
problem with the input.

Any pointers on whether this is possible?  (Ingmar, Thomas, etc?)

Thanks,
Jeff