[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Fri Jun 9 23:19:55 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

> I think this is very much a question about how to organise the
> work in the community. I think we need some people that do not
> work with development at all, but instead coordinates,
> encourages and lead the work.

Good suggestion! Do we have such people, you think? How to activate
them?

>> First: How can we open up for broad, result producing
>> collaboration on
>> the 5.0 architecture?
>
> 1. Invite the whole community to come up with ideas
> 2. Have 3-4 people trying to find the "gold nuggets" in that
> discussion
> 3. Have the same discussion in a smaller group - maybe with
> people from the core team and/or the Association
> 4. Mix the result from 2 and 3 and make a roadmap
> 5. Make a project for each feature (or like) in the roadmap
> 6. Set clear goals and a deadline for each project
> 6. Find a project leader and members for each project
> 7. Find one or two people that only work with coordination of
> all the projects.
>
> WORK!  :-)

Thanks for the input. Sounds promising as a strategy.

>> Second: What will motivate the best developers in our community to
>> take
>> responsibilities for the implementation of that architecture?
>
> I don´t think this is a big problem if you have many smaller,
> well defined projects...
>
> And of course we should work in a way that allows other people
> to easy take over when someone looses interest. If this happens,
> it is the responisability of the Coordinators (item 7 above) to
> find new members for those projects.

Thanks.

At this moment I have suggested a deadline of August 1. for a
complete battle plan to exist. The first draft should be available
from the R&D committee in the end of june and then discussed over
that month.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"
kasper2006 at typo3.com | +45 20 999 115 | skype: kasperskaarhoej |
gizmo: kasper_typo3