[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Jun 9 22:32:57 CEST 2006

Hi!
I think this is very much a question about how to organise the
work in the community. I think we need some people that do not
work with development at all, but instead coordinates,
encourages and lead the work.

> First: How can we open up for broad, result producing collaboration on
> the 5.0 architecture?

1. Invite the whole community to come up with ideas
2. Have 3-4 people trying to find the "gold nuggets" in that
discussion
3. Have the same discussion in a smaller group - maybe with
people from the core team and/or the Association
4. Mix the result from 2 and 3 and make a roadmap
5. Make a project for each feature (or like) in the roadmap
6. Set clear goals and a deadline for each project
6. Find a project leader and members for each project
7. Find one or two people that only work with coordination of
all the projects.

WORK!  :-)

> Second: What will motivate the best developers in our community to take
> responsibilities for the implementation of that architecture?

I don´t think this is a big problem if you have many smaller,
well defined projects...

And of course we should work in a way that allows other people
to easy take over when someone looses interest. If this happens,
it is the responisability of the Coordinators (item 7 above) to
find new members for those projects.

--

Peter Kindström