[TYPO3-dev] which naming scheme for a CSS XHTML id

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Thu Jun 8 22:34:46 CEST 2006

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
[...]
> I think you could use as a prefix the same that is suggested for the
> class names of an extension ($prefixId, right at the top of a
> kickstarter-created class):
>
> tx-pluginname-
>
> That would be tx_tt_products_pi1. But I think that the ids will be
> pretty unique without tx_ and if you want to share the id/class "name
> space" with two plugins _pi1 is unnecessary as well.

Shop lists may get quite long, so maybe we should try to get this id
name as short as possible and at the same time as significant as
possible to reduce page load time.
Granted, this doesn't make much difference, but it's usually all the
small things that sum up and bloat up everything.

Cheers from a KISS [1] enthusiast ;-)
Ro

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle, Keep it small and simple