[TYPO3-dev] which naming scheme for a CSS XHTML id

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 8 10:10:44 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Robert Markula currently wants to improve tt_products with ids for
> generating a CSS styled shop template.
>
> <INPUT size="8" maxlength="10" type="text" name="###FIELD_NAME###"
> value="###FIELD_QTY###" id="###FIELD_ID###">
>
> So I propose to use these example ids:
>
> tt_products_list_id_01
>
> tt_products_listhighlights_id_01
>
> tt_products_basket_id_01
>
> tt_products_single_id_01
>
> Each product/article will get another number at the end. The middle part
> contains the code field which can have been generated internally from
> the activity parameter.
>
> Just tell me now if I should follow another naming scheme for ids.

I think you could use as a prefix the same that is suggested for the class
names of an extension ($prefixId, right at the top of a kickstarter-created
class):

tx-pluginname-

That would be tx_tt_products_pi1. But I think that the ids will be pretty
unique without tx_ and if you want to share the id/class "name space" with
two plugins _pi1 is unnecessary as well.

Masi