[TYPO3-dev] Extension Documentation in DocBook?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Jun 8 16:16:52 CEST 2006

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Floyd wrote:

> Now for my questions:
> A) Is there a better place to ask my questions about this?

Yes, the TYPO3.org team mailing list (see typo3.org/teams/typo3org)

> B) What's the plan for DocBook?

During the development of the ter_doc extension I finally decided to
base everything on docbook. Currently the .sxw manuals are converted to
docbook at TYPO3.org and then converted to HTML and (later) other
formats. For some manuals you can already download the DocBook version.

The goal is to allow both, DocBook and Open Office Writer files as the
source format and eventually switch to DocBook completely. The only
reason why I don't allow DocBook as a source format yet is that we don't
have an appointment yet what subset of DocBook elements we want to use
and allow. The KDE project has an exhaustive manual just about that
(don't have the link right now) which could act as a template for our
version.

If someone feels like pushing this issue, please join the TYPO3.org team
mailing list and let us know what you can do.

> C) Has ODT been implemented?

No. But if you find or can create a XSLT sheet which converts from ODT
to DocBook I can easily integrate that.

> D) What's the official stance on using another extension for documentation?

Sorry, what do you mean with that?

Cheers,
robert