[TYPO3-dev] Extension Documentation in DocBook?

Jacob Floyd techgurufloyd+typo3dev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 23:45:03 CEST 2006

Hello!

I found the reference to DocBook[1] and to using a separate
extension[2] for documentation.

However, [2] is just a concept doc for TER2.0, and [1] is newer than
[2], but [3] says that we aren't going to use DocBook ([3] is also a
concept doc, but for TDR and it's older than [1]) but instead use ODT
(OpenDocument Text - the successor to sxw)

Now for my questions:
A) Is there a better place to ask my questions about this?
B) What's the plan for DocBook?
C) Has ODT been implemented?
D) What's the official stance on using another extension for documentation?

[1]-TER2.0 Project page
http://association.typo3.org/index.php?id=107
The TER uses DocBook - Quote:
"24.10.05 In the end I completely rewrote the TER, the ter_doc is now
based on DocBook." [snip]

[2]-TER2 Concept
http://typo3.org/teams/typo3org/documents/ter-20/page/2/
EXT:doc/ is depratcated in favor of *-doc extension:
See the "Uploading documentation" section (3 para - too long to quote)

[3]-TDR Concept
http://typo3.org/teams/typo3org/documents/tdr/
Only sxw/odt not DocBook:
Quote:
"The one and only file format with which TDR will work is the one
produced with OOWriter. We need to support sxw and the new Open
Document format which seems to be the future. There have been
discussions on Docbook and other formats but for a number of reasons,
including availability of free GUI tools, portability and legacy
issues the Open Document format is the best solution."

Thanks!
Jacob Floyd