[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 5 mailing list?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Jun 7 14:20:18 CEST 2006

> Guys, this thread is the prime example of why ML/NG's simply do not
> do the
> job. It is nice to have somewhere to suggest and discuss things,
> but for
> planning a project like 5.0, I think we need a lot more structure.

Hi Julle and +1'ers

I believe this thread did in fact produce the desired result, namely
a lot of ideas about the process that could accommodate the
development of 5.0. The best suggestions defined the NG/ML as the
medium for initial discussion of the idea and for that it always
worked. It never worked for phases in the middle where the idea
should crystalize into an TEP/RFC but that is exactly what the Wiki-
idea solves. (see ECT for a successful example of this).

Historically it is true that this list has only produced a lot of
talk, but isn't that exactly what we are trying to solve for the future?

Therefore (everyone): Don't fall back to the usual "lets get
started". We are still in the abstract phase and there is nothing to
"go an do" for now.

- kasper