[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Fri Jun 2 10:08:47 CEST 2006

I fully aggree on this way doing that RFC thing..

I just want to write my points against an TER solution:
Just imagine how you would update or insert content:
  - I have to download latest version
  - I have to open the OO file
  - I have to change it, save it
  - I have to upload the Extension again and hope nobody did it before..
(maybe it is not possible because there is only one owner...)

It is just too much overhead and too complicated I think. It is
unsuitable  to work in a Team (with short time shedules..)

Some additional points:
- we have allready a wiki -> just open a new page "RFC"
- a extra TER has to be installed and configured... (also on client side!)

PS: Wiki has some Versioning too, and you could also refer to older
Dokuments:
e.g.:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Getting_started
and