[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Thu Jun 1 23:24:02 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

Martin Schoenbeck wrote:
> Which way do you propose for discussing the proposals? If I take newsgroup
> as a synonym at least here, I can't imagine a better way, to discuss the
> RFCs.

As you can read above, I propse the combination: RFC + Wiki + NG.

(Well, read it. If you ask matters I have already written, it shows absence
of discipline from your side. From you, who want's to organize NG by
discipline :-) )

RFC documents alone are to stiff. NG alone is very hasty in a big
community. Even wiki tends to chaos, if there is not a person feeling
responsible for a topic. It's good when a topic is maintained by someone
who signs responsible for a period.

> It doesn't even need a new mailinglist / newsgroup, but only disciplined
> use of the designated threads.

That is the point. You need to "orginze" extreme discipline to maintain a
topic over a long term in a NG. We speek of monthes maybe years for TYPO3
branch 5.x.

So:

Shortterm brainstorming and discussion => NG, Wiki
longterm maintanance => RFC, Wiki, *implementation*

Regards

Elmar