[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jun 1 18:12:23 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>Daniel Pötzinger wrote:
>

>>>Please be constructive now and make a better proposal if you have one.
>>>

>>I also dont like the idea of using the TER of that...
>>

>Hi Daniel,
>
>can you give the reasons why?
>
>What are the big drawbacks, that you would prefer to do everything by hand
>that TER would care for, like creation of PDF, versioning, installation of
>example code ...
>
>Elmar

Elmar,

tonight I'll try to come with a proposal.
Current TER2 can't be used for that perpose. I know it has nice features.
But it lacks good styling, it lacks finding revisions for any exuension
except getting the latest.
I also don't think it's a good idea to use any typo3 installation to get a
RFC from TER for a different version number. We cannot categories...
Viewing of documents is not that good, although the job it does is not bad.

TER get's bloated. remember TER is an Exension Repository.
We don't use TER for bugtracking for the same reason.

I am at my work now, so I can;t be more constructive...
sorry this job does pay me and can't efford working on typo3
during business our to much (although we use typo3 for business but
you need to talk to my employer to get more time for this).

In open office I have one button that can create a nice PDF and current
TER2
doesn't create any PDF at all.

BUT tonight I will look for some tools and prepose.

agreed with Dimitri aswell...

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk