[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Thu Jun 1 16:53:51 CEST 2006

Hi Ries,

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> At least we don't have and want to re-invent the wheel again.
> I am also sure that there are open source project out there that can do
> this job. I didn't look at it yet
> but I feel that we don't have to think about this particular process
> since it has already beeing done.
> I think Sven mentioned the eclipse way of doing.
>
> I am just tring to say that we need to setup and decide method of
> cummunication, preferably using
> exisiting methods. RFC's, TEP's (I like TEP..) . Using existing and
> proven tools.

Let's come to the point. Please describe your proposal in detail.

> We need to do what we are doing best and that is developing, designing
> for the new typo3 version 5.
> Not develpoing a extension and or tools to develop a RFC/TEP system
> management to develop a new typo3.

Ries, don't you hate it, when people turn what you have written into the
opposite. My proposal is to use a system we already have and that we are
accustomed to instead of setting up or programm another infrastructure.

Please be constructive now and make a better proposal if you have one.

Regards

Elmar