[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jun 1 16:37:05 CEST 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>Johannes Reichardt wrote:
>

>>Why not keep it simple?
>>

>Hi Johannes,
>
>it must be simple. That's one point. But it must also bring results. Plain
>mailinglists regularly serve for 2 phases:
>
>a.) brainstorming: people give in long wishlists of feature requests
>z.) digesting: people complain why their wishes have not been implementet
>like they have imagined
>
>The process between a.) and z.) is regularly not supported by those who
>automatically shout: "Keep it simple". Read a dozen postings of the
>calendar newsgroup, if you don't directly catch what I mean.
>
>Just setting up a new mailinglist is simple, but it is no solution. It's
>just one of the needed tools. It servers the needs of the every day
>blabbarers as sozial side effect.
>
>Michael has posted this link: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/

At least we don't have and want to re-invent the wheel again.
I am also sure that there are open source project out there that can do
this job. I didn't look at it yet
but I feel that we don't have to think about this particular process
since it has already beeing done.
I think Sven mentioned the eclipse way of doing.

I am just tring to say that we need to setup and decide method of
cummunication, preferably using
exisiting methods. RFC's, TEP's (I like TEP..) . Using existing and
proven tools.

We need to do what we are doing best and that is developing, designing
for the new typo3 version 5.
Not develpoing a extension and or tools to develop a RFC/TEP system
management to develop a new typo3.
It's just to much time for us and we don't have that.

Ries