[TYPO3-dev] RealStatic HTML Files idea

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 16:53:49 CEST 2006

>Actually I don't know of a default behaviour of TYPO3 that
>publishes static pages to actual HTML files. Am I not aware
>of a function like this? Please help me out if so and forget
>my whole posting.

For beginner level static file publishing have a look at:

1) BE > Tools > Install > Password > All Configuration > [publish_dir]

Set this to: publish/
If you set it to your root it'll publish it alongside the index.php but for
testing keep it in this sub folder for now.

2) Create the folder /publish in your TYPO3 installation alongside the
fileadmin etc folders.

3) View the website FE and open up the admin panel. You'll see and a section
marked publish. Open it and click Publish.

If all goes well you'll see a load of static pages in that folder you
created. If not check the folder permissions.

For more advanced stuff read:
http://typo3.org/fileadmin/t3n/articles/t3n_static_publish_english.pdf

Enjoy!
Matthew