[TYPO3-dev] RealStatic HTML Files idea

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Mon Jul 31 16:23:45 CEST 2006

Hey Matthew,

first: it still is *just* an idea (that's what the topic said).

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Why is this different to the TYPO3 default behaviour when you publish to the
> root directly?
Actually I don't know of a default behaviour of TYPO3 that publishes
static pages to actual HTML files. Am I not aware of a function like
this? Please help me out if so and forget my whole posting.

I looked into a couple of publish- and export-extensions. They are all
pretty alpha and / or abandoned and most of them are using wget to
export the files.
Of course the whole idea isn't new, but the goal here should not be that
you can export the whole page to a different server (although it could
be possible with a website with just a couple of static pages), but to
make FE improvements through actually creating the files RealURL is
pointing to (in TYPO3 itself). This shouldn't happen through a tool like
wget that is not aware of the application itself, but through extending
RealURL for instance.

> I got all excited by your title RealStatic and thought you had found a TYPO3
> way to publish RealURL pages as actual static files. Never mind!

Yes, that's the idea, but this time really close with RealURL.

Actually I just wanted to post some first thoughts for adding this into
TYPO3.

--
greetings,
benni.