[TYPO3-dev] RTE: tinyRTE looks more usable then HTMLarea

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sun Jul 30 13:45:06 CEST 2006

Valery Romanchev wrote:

> I try tinyRTE and see many anvantages.

I use it too. It has a bug in typo3link
redefining of existing links works correctly *only*
for internal links (links, which are set using the page tree).

I had also problems with images (typo3images), which I fixed.
Normal images didn't work properly. Fixed in version,
which you can get from this address:
http://t3test.xetpoint.com/index.php?id=673

Endeed that version has some CSS, which relates with skin_grey_2.

> I start wiki page to collect all info:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TinyRTE
>
> I also make Russian translation (utf-8), 50% translated
> http://typo3lab.ru/fileadmin/ext/T3X_tinyrte-1_5_4-z-200607251144.t3x

I have fixed version of tinyrte with some other language sets.
It would be reasonable to combine efforts. Can you sen me your language
files?

> I use tinyRTE on 2 sites, by now - no major problem with it.
>
> I plan to use tinyRTE for all my clients, so I am interest in sharing s
>  tinyRTE experience and in development and bug fixing.

a site, which uses UTF-8 I had problems with ul - elements.
Your Russian site use it?
I got <typolist> instead of <ul>
Didn't you have problems with ul-elements?