[TYPO3-dev] RTE: tinyRTE looks more usable then HTMLarea

Valery Romanchev info at typo3lab.ru
Sat Jul 29 23:37:44 CEST 2006

Hello
I have much problems with HTMLarea.
The major problem is bad MS Word cleanup. Out of the box this is not
usable for real MS Word documents.

The second problem is bug that sometimes inserted images disappear.
Theare are also some problems with not predictable behavior of this
editor (cursor disapper etc)

I try tinyRTE and see many anvantages.
I start wiki page to collect all info:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TinyRTE

I also make Russian translation (utf-8), 50% translated
http://typo3lab.ru/fileadmin/ext/T3X_tinyrte-1_5_4-z-200607251144.t3x

I use tinyRTE on 2 sites, by now - no major problem with it.

I plan to use tinyRTE for all my clients, so I am interest in sharing s
  tinyRTE experience and in development and bug fixing.

Thank you for any comments.

Regards,
Valery Romanchev
www.typo3lab.com