[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jul 26 11:09:47 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
Tapio wrote
>>concerning 'constants' referring to a file is not always the best
>>practise. I have some related 'Feature enable' options to setup the
>>plugin. Those must be put as variables.

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> I would say that we shouldn't need to set constant contents through the
> Extension Installation. You should tag them with the correct category
> and have these handled by the constant editor.

But I want to give the opportunity to get immeately working plugin.
That's possible only by defined some required constants using 'Feature
enable' options, when *nothing* is not necessarily needed to define
afterward.

> There are already some
> ideas to enhance the Constant Editor in future so that pages can be
> selected (instead of entering PIDs) and other features (selecting files
> with a file browser, etc).

that could be nice also for 'Feature enable' options

> So in those cases, the installation tool would just need say:
>
> [ ] check here for a default working setup. There are some required
> settings that you need to configure in the Web>Template "Constant
> Editor".
> If you don't want to load this setup in global space, please
> add one of the provided static templates in your main template and then
> configure with the Constant Editor.

But I just want to avoid situation, where is is *necessary* to set
something afterward. I put opportunity to set required settings
immediately in the installation situation. I gave also information
"this can be defined also afterward in some TypoScript template in the
constant field (subFolder=/...))"
IMO it is still reasonable to give opportunity to define working
constansts without the need to define anything afterward.
Endeed if some other plugin already have defined something (for example
general storage page), some definitions might be defined several times.