[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jul 26 10:42:43 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula schrieb am 26.07.2006 07:55:

>>> 2) into ext_localconf.php
>>> if ($_EXTCONF['enable.']['preconfiguration]) {
>>> here some generic TS config, which
>>> represents the tasks of
>>> ext_typoscript_constants.txt
>>> and
>>> ext_typoscript_setup.txt

>> I think 2) should be modified, so that pi1/static/ etc. would be read
>> diretly. So you don't need to dublicate the code, wich would be a
>> source of
>> errors.
>
> Yes I know that problem. But concerning setup that is easy to solve

I think you both have the same idea, and I agree that this is probably
the easiest solution. Thanks Tapio, for the nice idea!

> (...)
> concerning 'constants' referring to a file is not always the best
> practise. I have some related 'Feature enable' options to setup the
> plugin. Those must be put as variables.

I would say that we shouldn't need to set constant contents through the
Extension Installation. You should tag them with the correct category
and have these handled by the constant editor. There are already some
ideas to enhance the Constant Editor in future so that pages can be
selected (instead of entering PIDs) and other features (selecting files
with a file browser, etc).

So in those cases, the installation tool would just need say:

[ ] check here for a default working setup. There are some required
settings that you need to configure in the Web>Template "Constant
Editor". If you don't want to load this setup in global space, please
add one of the provided static templates in your main template and then
configure with the Constant Editor.

In case there are no settings required for a "default" output:

[ ] check here for a default working setup. If you don't want to load
this setup in global space, please add one of the provided static
templates in your main template. Basic settings for this extension can
be configured in the Web>Template "Constant Editor" in your main template.

Cheers,
Ernesto