[TYPO3-dev] stable = documented ?

Tue Jul 25 11:20:59 CEST 2006

Stefan Geith wrote:

> So you mean there should be _no_ basic configuration ?
> The user _must_ select a static extension templates
> to make the plugin work ?
>
> So I have to remove all
>   t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,'setup','...',43);
> from ext_localconf.php
> and I have to add
>   t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'path','name');
> to ext_tables.php
>
> Right ?

Right. That is my opinion. It would be helpfull, if a warning would
indicate in the FE that no template has been selected, if none has been
selected.

Question: How could that be done from within the extension?

>> Also the t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43 is an indicator of oldstylish
>> extensions. This function has been a conceptional mistake, that causes a
>> lot of problems becausse it hardcodes an ID. There are installations that
>> don't use a template 43 but alternatives. I think this function should
>> clearly be regarded as obsolete. Again tt_news shows the flexible way
>> to go.
>

> To make it clear:
> Plugins should have removed the following lines from
> ext_localconf.php (Kickstarter adds these lines):
> <snip>
> t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43($_EXTKEY,'pi1/...php','_pi1','list_type',1);
> </snip>

The kickstarter generates more annoying things than this. Most terrible are
  no_cache parameters in autogenerated searchlists. Maybe it is fixed in
the newest versions.

If I had the time I would overwork the kickstarter because it leads so many
beginners in wrong directions. But there are a lot other priorities on my
agenda first.

> Instead the TS setup should contain something like this:
> <snip>
> includeLibs.myplugin = EXT:my_plugin/pi/class.tx_myplugin.php
> plugin.myplugin >
> plugin.myplugin = USER
> plugin.myplugin  {
>   userFunc = tx_myplugin->main
> </snip>
>
> Right ? Or did I miss something ?

Clear. That is the direction I would recommend. This way it works, even if
you use another static template than css_styled_content an TS developers
have maximal freedom of choice. You could include it on a lower level or
make variations in different folder trees. The TS developer can choice
between USER and USER_INT, ....

JoH is working on an interesting concept to play with USER and USER_INT
within one plugin. He configures it right in this place. That is an example
of the freedom the TS developer gains by this approach.

Regards

Elmar