[TYPO3-dev] stable = documented ?

Stefan Geith typo3dev2006 at geithware.de
Tue Jul 25 10:41:24 CEST 2006

Hi Elmar,

just to make it clear:

Elmar Hinz schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Geith wrote:
>
>> configuration; and I think the place for this
>> would be ext_typoscript_setup.txt - Am I wrong ?
>
> I think that that old way has been to rigid.
>
> 1.) Look into the leading extension tt_news. I think it shows the modern
> way how to include TS.
>
> 2.) Give the TS developer the freedom of order and configuration.

So you mean there should be _no_ basic configuration ?
The user _must_ select a static extension templates
to make the plugin work ?

So I have to remove all
   t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScript($_EXTKEY,'setup','...',43);
from ext_localconf.php
and I have to add
   t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'path','name');
to ext_tables.php

Right ?

> Also the t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43 is an indicator of oldstylish
> extensions. This function has been a conceptional mistake, that causes a
> lot of problems becausse it hardcodes an ID. There are installations that
> don't use a template 43 but alternatives. I think this function should
> clearly be regarded as obsolete. Again tt_news shows the flexible way to go.

To make it clear:
Plugins should have removed the following lines from
ext_localconf.php (Kickstarter adds these lines):
<snip>
t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43($_EXTKEY,'pi1/...php','_pi1','list_type',1);
</snip>

Instead the TS setup should contain something like this:
<snip>
includeLibs.myplugin = EXT:my_plugin/pi/class.tx_myplugin.php
plugin.myplugin >
plugin.myplugin = USER
plugin.myplugin  {
   userFunc = tx_myplugin->main