[TYPO3-dev] stable = documented ?

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Jul 25 06:52:25 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:
> Hm.
>
> On 7/24/06, Elmar Hinz <elmar.DOT.hinz at team.minus.red.dot.net> wrote:
>
>> Christopher wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Interesting. How do we class TYPO3 4.0? Still no word on TSref or
>>> Indexed Search afaik...
>>>

>> x.0 versions are never stable ;-) But 4.01 is on the way. :-)
>>

> I thought even numbers were conventionally the stable ones and not odds... ;-p
>
> -Christopher

I think so to, that's why we first start with release candidates. Then
go to stable.
(beta -> rc -> stable)

However I have read somewhere... long time ago that doc will always lags
behind 4-6 months of stable release.

Personally I don't even bother to try extensions without docs. I
personally care
much of javadocs (we talk about the comment above the function, right?).
Most extensions are written in such a way that it's not reusable code
anyways.
So if the coder understand's his code... it's fine with me.

As long as I know what the TS is what I can give.
(ext_typoscript_setup.txt and ext_typoscript_constants.txt)

These two files can help me a lot, even without doc....
These two files might be good for the reviews aswell,
I mean show if they are included.

Ries