[TYPO3-dev] kb_quickindex with realurl?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Jul 22 17:52:11 CEST 2006

Chi Hoang wrote:

> Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
>> And possibly also support to even quick-cache/genearate pages with
> COA_INT/USER_INT
>> objects on them (I have an idea for that ...)
>
> what do you think of a nested model set instead of the rather simple
> parent-child tree for the page and the content structure? In my opinion
> this would help Typo3 a lot more, than another cache-module.
>
> [1]
> http://ffm.junetz.de/members/reeg/DSP/node11.html#SECTION04344000000000000000

For TYPO3 it would be no problem to change that: The core could get changed in a few days.

But the problem is rather the 1700 extensions out there which do "AND pid=123" queries ....

What about them ?

I don't think you would suggest dropping all extensions which acces pages via the parent-child
relation model of TYPO3.

If everyone would use $GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->getRecord('pages', 123);

it would be no problem to hook in there ....

but now as I write this I have an idea - what about applying "both" methods ? I do not know how
this could be possible under the current situation - because there are also uncounted extensions
which insert pages in the page tree using ->sql_query() or similar - so you would have to intercept
all queries and parse them.

But if you use a database which supports triggers and stored procedures you could let the database
generate the required left/right values for the nested set model when a person inserts a record.

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919